If my husbnd forged my name on an IRS tax refund check and he didn’t give me a dime of it, what should I do?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my husbnd forged my name on an IRS tax refund check and he didn’t give me a dime of it, what should I do?

I’m separated pending divorce. I’m separated pending divorce. I know I’m entitled to half my ex’s pension sure to marriage if 11.5 years. Spuld I blow the whistle and have him face prison or do I just take the pension and walk?. He’s in the army.

Asked on October 20, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with your husband over the issue of the IRS refund check where presumably you were due half of it and the need for him to provide such to you immediately. If he refuses, contact your husband's commanding officer about this issue. If that does not get the issue resolved, have it taken care of in the family law matter with respect to the division of assets and liabilities.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption