What to do if I’m currently in a lawsuit with my previous landlord and need some examples of interrogatories?

UPDATED: Oct 17, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m currently in a lawsuit with my previous landlord and need some examples of interrogatories?

The landlord did a self-help eviction and illegally removed my property out of the home while my lease was still in effect. I am in court now trying to sue my landlord for my property, the emotional stress she put me and my family through and also she didn’t pay back my rent deposit, she shut off the utilities, the landlord ordered me threatened me to leave, the landlord slandered libeled me and the landlord ignored my repair requests that I made because the house was in a unhealthy situation. I need some interrogatories question to ask pertaining to this type of case.

Asked on October 17, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Most states have form interrogatories already pre-printed to assist people with standard questions with respect to claims, contentions and defenses as to a particular lawsuit.

As so special interrogatories pertaining to actual issues of a case particular to it, format for such interrogatories can be obtained online (samples), through the local law library or through your local legal aid clinic in the county you reside in.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption