What to do if I’m buying a ticket back to the US and they require a nationality, however I posses2 passports?

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m buying a ticket back to the US and they require a nationality, however I posses2 passports?

Which one should I buy my ticket with? I don’t know which one to tell them. I have a JPN and US passport and they need a answer. I’m buying the ticket through a Japanese agency.

Asked on September 14, 2011 under Immigration Law, Arizona


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to indicate that you have dual citizenship if that is what you are being asked.  However, if you are traveling to the US, you will be doing so as a US citizen and with your US passport, so you can indicate the US as your country of nationality.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption