If I was at fault for an accident and was charged with disregarding a signal, do I need a lawyer?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was at fault for an accident and was charged with disregarding a signal, do I need a lawyer?

There were 3 cars that were damaged; 1 is mine.

Asked on July 25, 2013 under Accident Law, South Carolina


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you have car insurance, you should not need your own personal lawyer.  You insurance company will handle the other drivers' claims against you.  If needed, they will bring in their attorney.  If the other drivers' claims wind up exceeding the policy limits of your coverage, then you may need a lawyer.  As far as the criminal citation goes, you should be able to pay a fine and go home.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption