What to do if I’m a beneficiary of a Will and the probate closed but I’ve uncovered a receipt of funds that the executrix didn’t report?

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m a beneficiary of a Will and the probate closed but I’ve uncovered a receipt of funds that the executrix didn’t report?

She sold a majority of the assets we were to share. Is that a misappropriation of funds. She and the the estate attorney had nonintervention power granted to them. I can’t afford an attorney so I had no way to report or argue anything? Clear and the other low income resources couldn’t help because I reside in another state. The executrix is also holding the property that we were to share and share alike under lock and key so I have no access to it. Again I can’t afford an attorney. Should I just report this to the state bar association?

Asked on March 11, 2013 under Estate Planning, Oklahoma


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You are advised to look into filing a criminal complaint with the District Attorney for the county of where the person died for embezzlement of estate funds, and to file a complaint with the state licensing board where the attorney is licensed, if what you are saying is true. You may have to come to the state and county wjhere the person died to file the criminal complaint. So have a detailed scenario prepared for the distrit attorney as well as the state bar association when you file. Do not allow anyone dissuade you, and do not delay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption