What to do if I’m 16 and was caught with pills at school?

UPDATED: Oct 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m 16 and was caught with pills at school?

This happened due to the fact that the school had seen my messages on a popular social media site stalking about the drugs. So the principal, without my parent’s or an officer present, searched my bag and found the drugs. They were given to me earlier that day,and they suspected that I planned to distribute them? What may I be facing and how can I reduce whatever charge I may face?

Asked on October 21, 2012 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you and your parents consult with a criminal defense attormey that has experience in education law to defend you with respect to the serious charge against you. If you are convicted of the charge you very well could end up in juvenile hall. You school very well could expel you.

Consulting with a criminal defense attorney experienced in juvenile law seems to be your best option at this time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption