If I’m 14 years old and may be convicted of a gross misdeamener, what is to happen to the record once I turn 18?

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m 14 years old and may be convicted of a gross misdeamener, what is to happen to the record once I turn 18?

I have no criminal record.

Asked on April 23, 2012 under Criminal Law, Nevada


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Typically, convictions as a first offender minor are usually deferred or delayed so that it will not appear on your criminal record once you perform all probationary conditions or obligations of the court. In most cases, once you become age 18, your juvenile record is sealed from the public so the conviction will not appear for job and school purposes. However, because the rules of juvenile convictions vary by state, you or your parents/guardians may want to contact a local criminal defense attorney in your area for further guidance in your state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption