What can I do if my ex-husband will not tell me where he is taking my kids for his parent time and overnights?

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my ex-husband will not tell me where he is taking my kids for his parent time and overnights?

Asked on June 14, 2012 under Family Law, Utah


Brad Micklin / The Micklin Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

This is a difficult question to answer. Technically, no lawyer can advise you not to provide parenting time because it is inappropriate to deny the other parent contact with your child and a court will consider that self-help and a violation of any parenting time order.

You should file a motion and asked the judge to order him to provide this information. Additionally, you should request in the order that all future parenting time be denied until you receive that information and he continues to updated as it changes. But do not deny any parenting time until the judge signs that order that you filed with the motion.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption