What can I do if my ex has custody of our teenage daghter and has let her drop out of school?

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 9, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my ex has custody of our teenage daghter and has let her drop out of school?

My ex has primary custody of our 16 year old daughter (our daughter lives with her). Our custody papers are about 10 years old and are very “general”. I just found out that my ex has allowed our daughter to drop out of school against my better judgement. She has lied to me on several occasions about actions regarding my daughter. I feel as if I have no say so in the matter. Is there anything that I can do to ensure that my daughter will still receive some form of education? I am very against her being pulled out of school. Can I do anything.

Asked on January 9, 2013 under Family Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to see what can be done to change the present custody arrangement between you and your "ex". I agree with you that allowing your minor daughter to drop out of school is poor judgment by your "ex".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption