If I got a ticket in another state for not having a vendors license, will I have to return to that state to take care of this?

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I got a ticket in another state for not having a vendors license, will I have to return to that state to take care of this?

Will I have to return to WV to appear or can I handle it from NY? Also, the festival was held on private property, but I saw today, that it stated on the festival’s website that you have to have a vendor’s license. I didn’t know this before I went to the festival. What will happen with this?

Asked on July 13, 2010 under Business Law, New York


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Generally you would have been issued a ticket and had a fine to pay.  If you now know that you were to have a license and you did not then you are guilty of the offense for which you were issued a ticket.  See if you can pay the fine via the internet or through the mail.  I would call the court to see if it can be done.  It will save you the time of having to travel to West Virginia.  Most places are god about it if you are willing to pay. Otherwise call around and see if you can get an attorney for a flat rate fee.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption