What to do if I hired a wedding photographer who is now refusing to uphold the contract?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I hired a wedding photographer who is now refusing to uphold the contract?

She is refusing to give us our albums unless we sign a paper forfeiting our CD of engagement photos as she has stated to BBB she no longer has them. We have paid her $2,514.50 and have nothing to show for it. It’s 6 months after our wedding and we are at a standstill with her holding all the chips (our money and our products) Can you tell me my next step? Can you look at my contract and tell me how you read it?

Asked on October 20, 2012 under Business Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with an attorney to represent your interests in the wedding photographs due you by writing a demand letter to a the photographer for the possession of the photographs that you paid for and are entitled to. The attorney suggested to be retained would need to read the written contract that you signed since the scope of this program does not allow me to do such and give you your legal options.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption