What to do if I was recently issued a minor in possession ticket while I was out with my friends?

UPDATED: Apr 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was recently issued a minor in possession ticket while I was out with my friends?

We were at a party and decided to walk back home because it was late. We were walking out of my friend’s apartment and onto the main street to walk home when we were pulled over by a police officer. I asked him why we were being pulled over and he lied to us and said he was there for a noise complaint. My friends had a red solo cup with beer but I did not. We we were all served a minor in possession but I feel like I do not deserve my ticket because I did nothing wrong. They did not prove on scene that I had consumed any alcohol and I was not in possession of any alcohol as well. Can I fight this is in court and win?

Asked on April 21, 2013 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you at the upcoming hearing and to try and settle the matter where you would get court probation. If you get it and abide by the terms of the court probation the charge against you in the end most likely will be dismissed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption