What are my rights if I have not received 2 of my paychecks and it’s been a little over a month?

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I have not received 2 of my paychecks and it’s been a little over a month?

There is still no answer to when I will receive my paychecks. The GM admitted to the fact that my not getting my first check to be her fault. However, it’s been a month and nothing. I am still employed but am struggling due to their inability to pay me. Wahat can I do? The longer I wait the worse things get. They should be held responsible.

Asked on October 11, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

They can be held responsible to do so, you would sue them suing in small claims court, acting as your own attorney to save on legal fees, is a good option for the money they owe you in missed paychecks, as well as for any additional costs or losses this caused you, such as any bounced check fees late fees because you couldn't pay rent or a car payment on time interest if you had to take out a loan to tide you over etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption