If I have corporation in the US but I’m Canadian living in Canada, can I sponsor employee for H1B?

UPDATED: Jun 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 1, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have corporation in the US but I’m Canadian living in Canada, can I sponsor employee for H1B?

I want to expand my company operation and want to hire employee. I’m into IT consulting and I need to sponsor foreign employee. so I need H1B For H1B. Will there be any issue.

Asked on June 1, 2012 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It does not matter what YOUR nationallity is; it's the US based company that would be the employer of any H-1B workers.  As long as the US company is an actual company that is in need of a worker with the prospective beneficiary's qualifications, the company can petition him/her for a H-1B visa. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption