What doeas a Forceable Entryand Detain Affidavit mean?

UPDATED: May 18, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 18, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What doeas a Forceable Entryand Detain Affidavit mean?

I own my mobile home and rent the lot it is on. I am 2 months behind on lot rent. The owner of this mobile home community seems to make rules and fees as he goes along. It also seems as if he is going out of his way to take back ownership of the home that he sold me.

Asked on May 18, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Oklahoma


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Forcible Entry and Detainer is a legal proceeding in which your landlord is attempting to take possession of your property by claiming that he has been wrongfully kept out or wrongfully deprived of possession.  Title is not an issue.  The proceeding's inquiry is limited to your landlord taking possession and having you ousted from the property. 

The affidavit is in support of the above proceeding.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption