What will happen if I have been charged with ingestion of controlled substance and for resisting arrest?

UPDATED: May 11, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 11, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if I have been charged with ingestion of controlled substance and for resisting arrest?

This is my very first offence. I am a non-resident alien and a Canadian citizen. Is it safe for me to travel to Canada or will I risk inadmissibility upon re-entry at the US border? I have not been convicted yet. One more thing, when the cops arrived (after I called 911), they asked me questions. I told them that I had smoked marijuana, however they did not find any marijuana in my possession.

Asked on May 11, 2014 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to discuss your criminal case with a qualified attorney in your area and preferably one who is also familiar with immigration laws so that you can understand what your options and risks are.  It is not something you should take lightly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption