What to do if f I have applied for Deferred Action but my application was sent back to me because I failed to include some papers?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if f I have applied for Deferred Action but my application was sent back to me because I failed to include some papers?

Entirely my fault. They sent it back with a green paper stating that I can resubmit and just put the green sheet in front of my application, should I send the application I was sent back and include the missing pages or should I do the whole entire application over again?

Asked on April 12, 2013 under Immigration Law, North Carolina


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You should follow the instructions exactly as they appear on the green sheet you received.  If the entire application was sent back to you and there is no receipt notice for the application, then you submit the entire application again.  If you have already receiived a receipt notice, indicating that your application has been received and is being processed and you are asked to submit additional evidence, then that is all you need to resubmit at this point.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption