What to do if I have a warrant for my arrest and want to solve this as peacefully as I can?

UPDATED: Oct 5, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 5, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have a warrant for my arrest and want to solve this as peacefully as I can?

It was involving a dispute between me and my father over forcing me onto medications at 24. We have had previous issues in which my father has not only controlled me but my family for many years. There has been a previous history of this. I do not want a simple argument between me and my father to ruin my chances at getting into the charity organizations I want to volunteer for. I want to solve this peacefully. I am homeless and I have no money to afford an attorney. There is a much larger family history that needs to be looked at besides myself.

Asked on October 5, 2013 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You can go to the police and turn yourself in.  A free attorney will be appointed to represet you; hope that you get a good one.  Tell your attorney everything and trust that s/he will be able to sort this out so that you will have a good outcome.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption