If I have a Trust fund set up that I will recieve when I turn 25, is there anyway to get it earlier?

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a Trust fund set up that I will recieve when I turn 25, is there anyway to get it earlier?

I am currently 24 and pregnant and could really use the money in it at this time. What the process would be to try to obtain it as soon as possible or if it would even be worth attempting? How long it might take to be done and what it might cost and who I would need to talk to?

Asked on October 27, 2014 under Estate Planning, West Virginia


Christine Socrates / Christine Sabio Socrates, Atty at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The trust provisions would determine whether you would be allowed to get any money at this time.  Often there are provisions in a trust that allow for distirutions under certain circumstances or there may be provisions that allow the trustee discretion to make those decisions. Therefore, the trust needs to be evaluated in order to fully answer your questions.  If you would like further assistance, you can contact my office.  My website is www.socrateslegal.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption