What to do if I have a subpeona for a deposition in a criminal case?

UPDATED: Apr 1, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 1, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have a subpeona for a deposition in a criminal case?

I was asked to bring all bank statements for the last 3 years. I am not the defendant in the case but did work with him. I do not have all bank statements. In speaking with the bank, I was told they were $5 each for the 17 statements I am missing. I can not afford the $85 and the bank informed me it could take a couple of weeks to get them. My deposition is in 2 days. I am nervous.

Asked on April 1, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Given what you have written about I would simply attend the proceeding that you have written about with the documents you have in tow. As to documents that you cannot produce simply state where they are and a subpoena for their production can then be sought by the parties.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption