I have a out of state dui as well as some tickets

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a out of state dui as well as some tickets

I was out of state 2 years ago and was
arrested for a DUI the next day I had
to fly back home and was never able to
go to court and I would like to get
this handled.

Asked on June 11, 2017 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

At this point a warrant for "Failure to Appear" has undoubtedly been issued for your arrest. This means that you can be taken into custody for something as minor as a speeding ticket. Also, this warrant will show up on employment background checks and the like. And warrants do not expire. Right now you need to contact an attoreny who handles DUI cases in the area of where the DUI occurred. They can best utilize their local court contacts to your advantage, although you will need to go back and appear personally in court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption