How can I stop a former employee from commandeering my clients to him?

UPDATED: Dec 22, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 22, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I stop a former employee from commandeering my clients to him?

I have a corporation and use a Facebook account to promote that business. A former employee, who was an administrator of that account, after leaving my employment removed me as administrator and I have had no access since. He has now commandeered that account for his own purposes. My problem is that he is blatantly displaying pictures with the name of my business and his personal cellphone number, thus, anyone seeing those pictures and wanting to contact my company will get him and he can steer that business to himself. Facebook do not respond to my complaints. There is no point in politely asking him to remove the pictures because he is a moron.

Asked on December 22, 2013 under Business Law, Florida


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You can sue him and get a restraining order and a permanent injunction to stop him from doing this and force him to give you back control over your own Facebook account.  You can also sue for damages you have suffered as a result of his conduct.  This is intentional interference with business relationship and misappropriation of your business name.  Depending on your state's laws, there should be multiple causes of action.  Seek out an attorney who handles business disputes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption