If I have a ex parte protective order placed against me for stalking, how do I get it lifted?

UPDATED: May 5, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 5, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have a ex parte protective order placed against me for stalking, how do I get it lifted?

The person that filed a complaint against me work at the same company. We were friends for a while and hit a bump in the road and we aren’t friends anymore. Well for 2 years I’ve been getting to work 2 hours early. Way before my friend came along working there. While we were friends he didn’t have a problem with me getting to work early, but since we are not friends he’s saying I get to work 2 hours early to watch him in the parking lot. I’m not sure how he got a protective order over that but he did and now need to know how to get it lifted?

Asked on May 5, 2014 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney in your locality to assist you in getting the protective order lifted. Most family law attorneys have a lot of experience in retraining orders. Such an attorney in your locality can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption