I have a chemical burn on my lungs and I’m wondering if I had a case

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a chemical burn on my lungs and I’m wondering if I had a case

I was using Lysol toilet bowl clean to
clean my toilet I had on my gloves and
face mask and still and still some how
have me a chemical burn on my lungs and
I as wondering if I have a case,against
Lysol I was in the hospital for 5 days

Asked on January 23, 2017 under Personal Injury, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You only have a case if the product were defective in some way: more caustic or dangerous than it should have been or was described as being; or the safety instructions were inadequate for its use; etc.. In that case, you could potentially sue for the combination of out-of-pocket medical expenses (not paid by insurance or medicaid/care); lost wages, if any; and for significant life impairment or disability lasting at least *many* weeks, some amount for "pain and suffering." But you'd have to be able to show that there was a defect in the product, which will require expert testimony (i.e. you'd have to hire some chemical, etc. expert to study the product and explain its defects[s]). If the injury occured for some reason other than the product, such as you used more than the recommended amount, or used it in an area with particulary poor ventilation, etc., the manufacturer would not be liable.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption