I have 3 compression fractures in my spine from my last job.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have 3 compression fractures in my spine from my last job.

I was recently let go from my job but my injuries occuried while I was employed. Do I have a case for my spine ?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Personal Injury, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends -- what type of job did you have and would be covered by workers' compensation? In other words, it wasn't assumption of the risk wherein you wouldn't be covered?
Contact the following immediately to preserve your rights:

1. Illinois Dept of Insurance -Workers Comp Division and scroll to the bottom of this link: http://www.idfpr.com/doi/general/worker_comp.asp

2. www.attorneypages.com and search for a workers' comp plaintiff's attorney.  Check his or her record at the Illinois State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption