What to do if I had pics of young girls in seductive clothing and positions on my PC at work and now they want to arrest me?

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had pics of young girls in seductive clothing and positions on my PC at work and now they want to arrest me?

There weren’t any actual sex acts in these pics but There were “cartoon” drawings of actual sex acts with children. I only looked at them. I didn’t share them or actually go into the websites. They want to arrest me. I need to turn myself in for this. What can I expect to happen. First offense. How much will bond be? Is this a felony?

Asked on August 3, 2015 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to consult with a criminal law attorney ASAP. Do not turn yourself in or even speak with the police until you do. Whether or not it will be charged as a felony isn't clear. Again, however, do not talk to the police, even if they come to your house. If you are arrested first, then tell them that you want to speak to legal counsel...then say nothing else until our lawyer arrives.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption