What to do if I had my gall bladder removed to stop acid reflux attacks but it was of no help?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had my gall bladder removed to stop acid reflux attacks but it was of no help?

However, testing of my gall bladder showed it was functioning fine. An ultrasound did show a very small polup, but my surgeon said that wasnt causing the issue. My GI doctor strongly assured me it was and if was not removed then I would suffer attacks the rest of my life. The surgeon was still reluctant to roemove it, but did so after only on the request of my GI. After surgery my attacks became worse and more frequent. After going back to the surgeon, I was told I had to see the GI. I went back to the GI and then diagnosed with a spastic colon. I was given Benyl and everything is fine. But not I cannot eat certain foods, I have four scars on my belly, because of this surgery.

Asked on July 29, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Kentucky


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

From what you write, it may have been malpractice--medical care that was negligent, or otherwise did not meet currently accepted standards of care--to have instructed the surgeon to remove your gall bladder. If that is the case, you may have a claim for medical costs, lost wages (if any), and "pain and suffering" for the diminution of the quality of your life. From what you write, it would seem well worth your time to consult in detail about this matter with an experienced malpractice attorney, to evaluate the strength and value of your case. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption