What to do about an insurance claim that has been closed?

UPDATED: Oct 3, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 3, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about an insurance claim that has been closed?

I had an auto accident 3 months ago and at the time I was having a headache and an achy back. The adjuster from the insurance company called me and asked how I was doing. I told her about the soreness and that I had hit my knee when I was rear-ended and it was swollen. She told me that she wanted to send me a $300 check for my pain in my knee and any anxiety it may had caused me when he hit me. She also said that if my neck or back continued to bother me to call her. Well, I called her and she had her supervisor call me to tell me that when I deposited the $300 check that closed my injury claim. I want to know it that is possible or true? I know they want me to believe it but for some reason I don’t.

Asked on October 3, 2013 under Personal Injury, Tennessee


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You should confer with an attorney licensed in your state with no delay. Oftentimes such phone conversations are recorded. Much depends on state law. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption