I had a living trust ,,,,many errors need changes made

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I had a living trust ,,,,many errors need changes made

I had a living will made..lots of mistakes..the person that did this trust
refuses to correct this. I need help

Asked on March 6, 2018 under Estate Planning, New York


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for the problems that you are having.  So you had the Trust and Living Will drawn up and both are incorrect?  I am trying to understand where in the process you are.  Did you proof read them before you signed them and asked the person that drew them up to correct them and he or she refuses?  You paid for services to be rendered to you and if the services rendered were not what you contracted for then you have the same rights as against that person as in any other contractual agreement: you can sue him or her for breach. You can ask for the money back or to correct the breach (equitable request). If that person is an attorney then you have the extra added bonus of filing a grievance against them if they refuse to correct the issue or resolve it to your satisfaction.  You could also go somewhere else and have the issues corrected and then sue for the funds expended to correct.  Please make sure everything is well documented.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption