What to do if I had a contractor take my shutters to paint them and he won’t respond to my calls to bring them back and re-install them?

UPDATED: Aug 30, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 30, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had a contractor take my shutters to paint them and he won’t respond to my calls to bring them back and re-install them?

Asked on August 30, 2011 Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you retained a licensed contractor to paint the shutters to your home and he or she took them offsite to the the work where telephone calls by you requesting their return have not been responded to, you need to do the following:

1. write and/or e mail the contractor asking for the estimated date and time that the shutters will be ready to be re-installed on your property in that you need them. Keep a copy of the written transmisison for future use. Give the contractor ten (10) days to respond.

2. if you have no response in ten (10) days, or the response is not adequate, contact the Pennsylvania Contractor's State Licensing Board to make a complaint about this licensed contractor.

This administrative agency is in charge of fielding complaints about licensed contractors in your state, investigating the complaints and responding to them.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption