I H1B Visa hv to go India back due to emergency and wondering if stamping documents need to be submitted before going to India?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I H1B Visa hv to go India back due to emergency and wondering if stamping documents need to be submitted before going to India?

I am on H1B visa 22 months left. I have to go to India within 24 hours due to
emergency. I understand I have to get stamping from India to come back to USA. Do
I need to fill out all documents for stamping and interview date before I go to
India or I can do that from India too?? Please advice

Asked on December 29, 2017 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can do all that while you are in India just keep in mind that the Consulate will be closed  during the holidays and also depending on when you need to return to the US, you may not be able to get an interview date very quickly.  Just plan accordingly and let your employer know about these issues.  Make sure you have the copy of your packet with you as well as the original approved notice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption