What can I do if I was misdiagnosed by a clinic?

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I was misdiagnosed by a clinic?

I got tested for STD’s 5 months ago. They told me I was positive for herpes simplex 2 and put me on medication for it. Then last month, I had ovary trouble and they identified that I had an ovarian cyst and chlamydia that had gone untreated. I got my medical bills back from planned parenthood and I tested positive for chlamydia too but failed to tell me and never put me on medication. This put me and any partners I’ve had since then in danger that could have been prevented also that has caused me some issues now. Is there anything I can do about this?

Asked on January 6, 2015 under Malpractice Law, Texas


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If this failure to inform you of the second positive test really caused you health problems and not only danger, then you may very well have a case for medical malpractice.  However, if your damages are very small it will likely not be worth it to pursue it.  If you decide to go forward, seek out a medical malpractice personal injury attorney for a free initial consultation.  But you may not be able to find one willing to take this on.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption