What to do about 2 accident that occurred only days apart?

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about 2 accident that occurred only days apart?

I got rear-ended 9 months ago. The case settled at the beginning of this month. About 12 days after the first accident, I was rear-ended again by a pizza delivery person who gave me their information but left the scene before police arrived; she was on duty at work and said she had to deliver her pizzas. I took pictures, got her insurance information and the police wrote her a citation. Can I sue the driver who rear-ended me the second time if all my doctor visits, body shop work and legal fees were covered by the 1st accident?

Asked on November 12, 2013 under Accident Law, Nevada


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Can you sue?  yes.  The real question is whether you can prevail.  You must demonstrate the injuries were caused by the second accident and not the firts.  You certainly cannot recover twice for the same medical bills. In fact, that would be fraud. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption