What to do if I got into a fender-bender while being an excluded driver?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got into a fender-bender while being an excluded driver?

Since then I have a job and a car with insurance on the car. The other peoples insurance want me to pay $1800 or I get my license suspended. How does this work now that i have my own insurance? I can’t afford $1800 lump sum, and I can’t afford to lose my license because I commute to school an hour away from my house Mon-Fri.

Asked on September 25, 2013 under Accident Law, California


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Your attorney will advise you on the proper and wisest course of action. It is good that you are concerned about not losing your license. Of course, do not get behind the wheel of any vehicle unless you are fully insured. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Minnesota Law Firm





IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption