i got hurt on the job site,due to some ones elses mistake

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i got hurt on the job site,due to some ones elses mistake

in texas how do they treat these type of cases,do i have a fighting chance,with a good lawyer

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Personal Injury, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You almost certainly have a workers compensation case.  You must report the injury to your employer.  Assuming that your employer has workers compensation insurance, the insurance company will pay for your medical bills, and you can get partial pay for temporary disability while you're recovering.

I think you should consult an attorney who handles cases like this, for a review of all the facts, since it isn't clear from the question how badly you were hurt, among several things.  And, if someone other than your employer (including other employees) caused or contributed to your injury, like the manufacturer of an unsafe machine, you can file a civil suit against them.  One place you can find qualified lawyers is our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption