If my car got hit and the at-fault driver’s insurer only wants to pay $350 for my son, should I get more than that out of them?

UPDATED: Sep 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my car got hit and the at-fault driver’s insurer only wants to pay $350 for my son, should I get more than that out of them?

My car was hit right where my son was sitting.

Asked on September 7, 2012 under Personal Injury, Idaho


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing many more factors about your case, your accident and your son's injuries, if any.  An injury settlement is based of several factors, including the type of injuries suffered, the severity of the injury, the length of treatment, the medical expenses involved and pain and suffering among other things.  Without knowing more information, it is extremely difficult to give you a dollar amount and what is a reasonable settlement to expect.  I would strongly suggest you contact an attorney in your area who specializes in personal injury and obtain a consultation.  They will be able to review all of the important facts of your case and give you a more informed opinion.  The insurance company has an expert on their side who is going to look for ways to pay you as little as possible.  You should have an expert on your side too. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption