What to do if I got a DUI in one state but had another driver’s license from another sate and it got suspended?

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got a DUI in one state but had another driver’s license from another sate and it got suspended?

Now I have paid everything off for my DUI and paid my reinstatement fee for the state that suspended my license. Hoerver, now the state that I got my license in wants me to pay them a reinstatement fee and take a DUI class for that state but I no longer live in that state and don’t want that state’s license back. I want a license for the state I got the DUI in and already paid a reinstatement fee too. So what can I do about this?

Asked on April 2, 2013 under Criminal Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written the privilege for your driver's license reinstatement in the state that you want the license has conditions that you must abide by. If you do not abide by such terms and conditions as you have written about, you simply cannot get the driver's licemse you want reinstated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption