What to d if I found a piece of plastic in a frozen egg roll?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to d if I found a piece of plastic in a frozen egg roll?

Is there any possibility of a case? I have contacted them and they are asking me to mail the piece of plastic and the carton in question to them, and are offering a $10 gift card to cover cost of the food. I nearly choked on said piece of plastic and have truthfully been pretty trauamtized about the experience since it happened.

Asked on July 29, 2013 under Personal Injury, Kentucky


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Fortunately for you, you were not in fact hurt. Unfortunately for you, having "nearly choked" does not provide you with a claim for compensation. The U.S. legal system does not provide compensation for close calls, even if there were traumatic; it only provides compensation for actual injuries, medical costs incurred, etc. Having escaped injury, you have no viable lawsuit or claim.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption