i feel im being discriminated against due to my race a white female ,what do i do?

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i feel im being discriminated against due to my race a white female ,what do i do?

i have been in store for almost 2 years,asking for full time for more than a year now,denied the whole time,last month they gave a full time position to someone with half my time at job.she was black as are all the full time employees in my department.what should i do,my union will not help me in this matter. all they do is ignore it and collect their dues from my check. thank you for your time

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Business Law, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

The federal government has an agency that will investigate and help resolve complaints of discrimination--racial and gender based discrimination are barred under federal law. Go to http://www.eeoc.gov/ for more information, including how to file a complaint. Your state might also help out, go to your labor dept. (http://www.ok.gov/odol/) and contact them to see if they also investigate discimination complaints.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption