What to do if I do not understand my grandmother’s Will nor any information that the Trustee has sent me?

UPDATED: Apr 8, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 8, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I do not understand my grandmother’s Will nor any information that the Trustee has sent me?

I need someone to read everything over and explain it to me in “simple” terms. Probate (not sure on what that is) is trying to be avoided. I need to sign documents and don’t want to sign anything until I understand it.

Asked on April 8, 2013 under Estate Planning, Florida


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Do yourself a big favor and obtain estate planning/probate legal counsel to have them explain everything to you and guide you to the appropriate decision for you.  This would be called beneficiary representation, and is my practice to use an hourly rate for any time expended and needed to represent the beneficiary, based on a fee contract with an itemized billing.  DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING until you have legal counsel to advise you. You are wise to seek counsel.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption