What to do if I developed carpal tunnel in both hands while working for US government, however I did not file a claim?

UPDATED: Mar 19, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 19, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I developed carpal tunnel in both hands while working for US government, however I did not file a claim?

I have checked and from what I understand I have 3 years to file a claim. I did not report this as I was retiring and thought that with not using my hands as much it would go away. I have had surgery on both hands and what worries me is that I am still in pain. I wanted to seek a part time job, due to financial problems but I am still in great pain. What are my options?

Asked on March 19, 2013 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to seek the advice of counsel because you might very well be precluded by statute and of course, by any rules you may have with disability. Try to see if your state offers you disability insurance separate and apart from unemployment and whether you had to file under your employer's policy or if you are now free to file with the state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption