What to do if I bought a vehicle and it started to mess up after the 15 day guarantee period?

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I bought a vehicle and it started to mess up after the 15 day guarantee period?

I took it to the repair shop and was advised that what was done to my vehicle was so that it could get sold. The dealers probably knew but wanted the vehicle sold. I called the car dealer and explained the situation and was told there was nothing they could do because it was over the 15 days. So what can I do?

Asked on October 9, 2012 under General Practice, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

 Arizona's Lemon Law, as you know, only protects you from major failure for the first 15 days after buying a used car, or 500 miles, whichever comes first.  If you really believe the car dealer rigged the car to run for 15 days by masking a basic underlying problem, you may be able to sue for fraud.  You would need another mechanic to testify that is what happened here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption