I borrowed a friend’s vehicle and was stopped by police. They found drugs in the glove box and charged me with it.

UPDATED: Jan 24, 2017

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 24, 2017Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I borrowed a friend’s vehicle and was stopped by police. They found drugs in the glove box and charged me with it.

Police searched vehicle
and found drugs in glove
box. I wasn’t aware of
this and I am charged
with this.

Asked on January 24, 2017 under Criminal Law, Washington


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You should retain a criminal defense attorney--right away. Based on the fact that the drugs were found in a car you were driving and that the owner is denying knowledge of them, there is more than enough evidence to charge you--and you could potentially be convicted of a drug crime if a court were to believe that, based on the owner's testimony and where the drugs were found, that they were yours. You do not want to fight this yourself--retain an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption