What to do if I bit into a sandwich wrap at a popular resteaurant and broke my tooth on a piece of plastic?

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I bit into a sandwich wrap at a popular resteaurant and broke my tooth on a piece of plastic?

I took it to the manager which in turn told me what it was. I had no idea at first until it was explained to me. They have taken responcability and fixed the tooth. they have also paid for lost wages and medicines. In final they have basically tried to settle the case with me for an additional 1k. Is that a reasonal amount or should I ask for more? I was told that the dental implant that replaced the tooth could fail. Is it worth going to court for? Is that a lowball figure just to shut me up?

Asked on March 27, 2013 under Personal Injury, Alabama


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to inquire with an attorney licensed in your state because only that attorney could tell you if there was similar case law in your state, other states or federally and whether the settlement offer is sufficient. This all depends on your medicals, the technical injuries and what else you have that needs to be covered. Essentially, you if you have gone back to work and this has not permanently disabled you, then you really are not going to see a large amount but again you need to check with a personal injury who has handled this type of matter or can research it for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption