What tot o if I believe a bouncer used excessive force to remove me from line at a bar?

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What tot o if I believe a bouncer used excessive force to remove me from line at a bar?

This was on St. Pat’s Day. I was charged with disorderly conduct after being pulled by my forearm (left a bruise around it) to the end of the line then thrown to the ground (shoulder and upper arm scraped by the concrete). I was at the wrong door for people who already paid (the only door I knew of). instead of redirecting me, he told me to go to the back of the line because he said so. I began to tell him I’ve paid and thats when he grabbed my arm. The police arrived when I was down. The report says that I pushed people, though I believe it was the guard pushing his/our way through the crowd. There is nothing in the report about the bouncer. Pleaded not guilty. What should I be focusing on?

Asked on March 30, 2013 under Criminal Law, Iowa


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need a lawyer; otherwwise this doesn't bode well for you. You need a lawyer to tslk to you about suing the bar, the bouncer and fighting the disorderly conduct charge. If you have proof you pre-paid you should present that. If you have witnesses, make sure you lawyer talks to them, as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption