What to do if I drafted a contract but fogot to put in a clause that should have been in it?

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I drafted a contract but fogot to put in a clause that should have been in it?

I am putting together a bridal show and have asked other vendors if they would like to rent a booth. I did a contract but I forgot to put a clause in about if the rental fee was refundable in the event that the show has to be cancelled. But I have stated that it would be rescheduled for another date. Would I have to refund the booth fees?

Asked on March 27, 2013 under Business Law, Georgia


A J Mitchell / Law Offices of A. J. Mitchell, LLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You should contact the vendors and see if they would be amenable to a contract modification.  If so, you should amend the contract accordingly.  In general, a modification is no big deal unless it shifts the balance of risk from one party to another.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption