I am permanent and stationary disabled, is there a timeframe in which I must settle my case?

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I am permanent and stationary disabled, is there a timeframe in which I must settle my case?

my attorney has setup a court date without my input or agreement, I feel I am being forced to agree to a settlement and have been told if I don’t agree to what the other attorney is proposing, then the judge will make the decision for me, I am very concerned and have a great deal of anxiety because of this

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, California


Deborah Barron / Barron Law Corporation

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You do not state whether this is a workers comp case or is in superior court.  Once a settlement conference and trial are scheduled in superior court, you must make a deicison on whether to settle or go to trial and let the Judge or Jury decide how much you should get.  Please visit my website at for additonal information or email me:  www.lawbarron.com    

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption