I am on house arrest. i need to know if they can stop me from going to church and what kind of lawyer/Attorney i need to get for anything like this?

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I am on house arrest. i need to know if they can stop me from going to church and what kind of lawyer/Attorney i need to get for anything like this?

i am on house arrest in Indiana and i have been on it for 10 months and have not got in ANY trouble but they are going out of there way to try to get me in trouble they have came in and told me if my house was not up to “there” standards they would report me to walfair cuz i babysit. they came in and looked and the trash was not tackin out so they said thye were going to. ut it was not takin out cuz i am not alond to go out side at all! it is just little things like that they are not givingme my yard time but i have did nothing wrong for them to take it. the list just gose on and on! thank you

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Criminal Law, Indiana


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to speak to the attorney who represented when you were arrested.  If you did not have one, get one.  Contact legal aid or the public defender.

Normally, I would just advise that you speak to your probation officer about this, but since you seem to be being harassessed I think you need to contact an attorney at this point.

It is usually allowed for someone on house arrest to get permission to attend church, doctors appointments, funerals and things of this nature.  And I can't imagine that they are not letting you even take out the trash.  That's a matter of health and safety.

Again speak to an attorney and explain the whole story to him.  My guess is there may be more to it than what you are telling here.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption