What to do if I am having difficulty filling out the means test form?

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am having difficulty filling out the means test form?

I cannot figure out how to list sources of income without the total being incorrect. I have had wage income and unemployment income within the last six months. The form makesyou add Box 3 (Wages etc.) With box 9 (Unemp. benefits) to get a total in box 11. These sources of income should not be added to get a total becuase they were earned in a time linear fashion and never at the same time. I am beyond astonished that I could find not a single reference to this problem anywhere on the Internet after many hours of searching. Surely, there are others that have lost their jobs within 6 months of filing and received unemployment. How does one fill out this damned form correctly?

Asked on March 25, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Indiana


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

thosde forms of income are included in the means test.  I suggest you get a lawyer who knows how to do these legal tests to help you with the BK and make sure you get all that you are entitled to!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption