i am going to court tomorrow , my charges are 1) false reporting and 2) leaving the scene. The police did not believe what happened.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i am going to court tomorrow , my charges are 1) false reporting and 2) leaving the scene. The police did not believe what happened.

how should i go about this in the court?

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arizona


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I strongly urge you to to hire an attorney if you have not already done so. As I obviously do not know the specifics of the charges and the background you would be best served with someone there who understands the court system and what would be best for you

If you cannot or do not want to hire an attorney than if tomorrow is just a pre-trial you will be able to get a feel for the specifics and plan accordingly at that point. If tomorrow is the trial you need to simply prepare, if there are witnesses prepare them, any evidence you want submitted should come with you and prepare to present your case honestly to the best of your ability. If the police are questioning your story if you have any proof provide that try to substantiate what you said in your statement. the best defense is a good offense be ready to rebut their side

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption